Monday, July 29, 2013

Tamiya Dyna Blaster

I recently acquired a vintage Tamiya Dyna Blaster kit (58123).  The Dyna Blaster, released in 1993, was an attempt by Tamiya to create a racing truck version of the Dyna Storm buggy (58116).  You don't see them come up for sale very often and even when they do the prices are never very high.  I do not think this kit was very popular here in the USA.  I love the box art body styling, colors and decals.  This kit will stay NIB for the foreseeable future.


The truck uses a unique clutch system called "MDC" (Multi-Disc Clutch).  The spring tension in the clutch is adjusted through a nut accessible on the spur gear shaft.


Here are the side panel shots:








Since this was designed to be a racing truck, Tamiya did not include any speed control or motor with the kit.  The front and rear tires are the same as the Stadium Blitzer (58106 & 58482) and Stadium Thunder (58181 & 58524).

Tamiya still used blister packaging in 1993






2 comments:

  1. Any chance you'd sell the dyna blaster? Let me know (scott_ch@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a nib Dyna Blaster. Interested in selling?
    let me know.

    ReplyDelete