Friday, June 24, 2011

Kyosho Blizzard Restoration (part 2)

A small update.  I assembled and installed the gearbox, suspension arms, wheels and tracks.   These tracks are the originals that came with the kit.  They are a little worn and some of the plastic has broken between the ribs making them weaker and more prone to total track failure.  I don't know how long they will last.  I have some spare tracks that I should be able to use if these break. 

I installed a couple of cheap aluminum heat sinks designed for 380-size motors.  They have a low profile so as to not interfere with the body:



Then I replaced the standard battery plug with Deans on the ESCs and mounted them to the sides of the chassis tub with servo tape:

Rather than hard-wire the ESCs together, I got a parallel Deans adapter assembly so a single battery can power both drive systems.  The battery will fit between the ESCs with plenty of room.  Some foam will have to be mounted to the tub in order to ensure the battery does not slide around and hit the ESCs.

The next step is to convert the Futaba plugs to type "G" to match the old Conquest 4 channel radio that will be used.  Then, some testing before final soldering of the motors to the ESCs.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work Brian, I'm looking forward to seeing more. Let me know if you need any part to complete your build.

    Blissard from rcsnowcats.com

    ReplyDelete